Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I download the PayCard app?
- The PayCard app is available for download in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- How do I sign up for a PayCard app account?
- Only PayCard cardholders are eligible to use the app. See below on how to link your PayCard to your app account.
- How do I link my PayCard to the app?
- Once you download the app or visit the website you will be prompted to create an account. During account creation you will be required to enter your full PayCard card number, passport number, and phone number. Once registration is complete your PayCard will be linked to your app account and you can start using app features.
- Is the information I submit online safe?
- Yes. The technology supporting the PayCard app and website is PCI compliant, and uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure any data transferred to or from pages where you submit or view personal information.
- How do I reset my password for the PayCard app and website?
- If you know your password you can log into the app you can update your password by selecting Account Settings and then Change Account Password. If you forgot your password and cannot login to the app, you can tap or click the “Forgot Password” link on the login screen resetting your password. You will be asked to answer the two security questions you set up during registration before you will be sent a reset password link. If you do not remember the answers your security questions you will need to contact technical support at 0861 115 196.
- How does budgeting work?
- The PayCard app budgeting feature tracks your purchases based on budget category. Upon your initial use of the account, we will track your transactions for the first 30 days. After those 30 days, we will automatically create budget categories and amounts based upon those transactions.
If you have been using your PayCard for more than 30 days, your past transaction history will be transferred over to create budget categories and amounts. You will always have the opportunity to edit (add/delete/change) the budget categories and change the suggested budget amounts. Using the intelligence within the PayCard app, we will proactively keep you informed when you’re spending within your budget or spending at a rate that is below or above your estimated budget.
- Will my PayCard get declined if I go over budget?
- No, we don’t decline transactions based on budgets. The budgeting display is informational and doesn’t affect your ability to make purchases within your available account balance. However, the money allocated towards your goals has been set aside and is not part of your available balance. Learn more about goals below.
- What are the savings goals?
- You can set goals to automatically start saving money towards a larger purchase. Using the PayCard app or website, you set a goal name and the total amount that you want to save. Then you will set the date for when you want to meet the goal. You can also choose how often you want to contribute towards your goal. Based on these settings, funds will be transferred from your main balance to the goal which will be kept separate from your available balance.
- Are the Goals funds in a savings account?
- No, the funds are still in your prepaid card account. The PayCard just removes the funds from your available balance so you don’t spend them. You can move them out of your goals balance and back into your available balance at any time.
- How do I get the funds from my goals back into my available balance?
- You can transfer the funds out of goals back to your available balance at any time by deleting a goal using the mobile app or website. Navigate to Savings Goals, then select a goal you want to remove, and then select Delete Goal.
Using Your Card
- Where can I use my card?
- You can use your card at any ATM in South Africa to withdraw cash and at merchants displaying the MasterCard sign to pay for goods or services. You can also get cash back at merchants when you pay for your purchases.
- Can I use my card in other countries?
- You may only use your card in South Africa; any transaction attempted in another country will be declined.
Updating your App Account
- Why do I need a text message to log in?
- For security purposes, we use 2-factor authentication and register every device you use to access your PayCard account. When we don’t recognize a device, we’ll send you a text message with a code to register it (standard text message rates apply). If you do not receive the text message or would prefer that we don’t send you one, you may call account services at 0861 115 196 to receive your verification code.
- What if I need a replacement card?
- Please visit your employer for a new card. If there are unauthorized transactions on the card that you would like to dispute, please contact the number 0861 115 196.
- I received a replacement card. Do I need a new app account?
- You can continue using your existing PayCard app account with your new card. Once you receive your replacement and log into the app or website, you will be prompted to enter your new card number to link your new card.
- How can I change my PIN?
- You can easily change your POS/ATM PIN right through the PayCard mobile app. Alternatively, you can change your PIN by logging on to the website at https://thepaycard.co.za or by calling 0861 115 196.
- How do I lock/unlock my PayCard?
- You can lock and unlock your PayCard at any time by logging in to the PayCard app or website. To do this you will need to select Account Settings > Manage the PayCard > Lock My Card. You can also call 0861 115 196 any time. While your card is locked, it will be declined for any purchases.
- How do I replace my PayCard?
- Please contact your employer in order to request a replacement for your plastic card. As a card holder, you will need to transfer all funds from your individual goals into your spending balance first before you request a new card.
- What if my card is lost or stolen?
- Please contact your employer or contact 0861 115 196 as soon as possible to protect the remaining funds on the card.
- Where can I find my transaction statements?
- Your PayCard transaction statements can be found on the app or website under Manage the PayCard and Statements.
- How do I update my PayCard communication settings?
- You can opt out or update your communication settings on the PayCard app or website under Account Settings and Communication Settings. The current communication features available are push notifications, SMS/text alerts, and email notifications.
- How can I contact customer service by phone?
- Please contact 0861 115 196.
For more information on the PayCard please visit the PayCard FAQs page.